My name is Michael Christopher Tauchnitz, and I am running for the Pinellas County School Board, District 2 (At Large) seat because I believe together, we can make a difference in the lives of our children. As a parent and the spouse of a teacher I would bring a unique view to the board and would work to promote policies that are parent-centric and teacher friendly.
Parental involvement is a key component to the education of our children and I want to work with you to eliminate the barriers for parents to become engaged in the education of their children and thereby improving the quality of education in Pinellas County. I’m asking for your vote, because together we can make a difference in education.
- - Promote citizenship
- - Promote discipline
- - Promote community involvement
- - Promote school based/decentralized decision making (DDM)
- - Increase teacher quality through meaningful training
- - Increase parental and community involvement
- - Promote expansion of fundamental schools and magnets
- - Promote apprenticeship like options
- - Provide rigorous oversight of charter schools